2-18 November 2018
This workshop is now complete. Thank-you to the artists that made it such a great experience.
Whether or not you are new to art and painting, it makes no difference – this journey is designed to initiate the Creator inside of everyone
This course transmits the traditions and techniques of the ancient lineage of sacred art and unites with our new visions, to give you the means for self-expression to share with the world.
This November we will be embarking on 3 x 3 day weekend group journeys into visionary art in Byron Bay, for guided visionary art painting and other activities.
We will gather in a studio & gallery space to empower our creativity and explore deeper the techniques and meditative dimensions of visionary art. We shall study and learn the ways of modern and ancient visionary art masters.
This is an information-rich course of art and craft. Previous students will be given new and more advanced lessons and material whereas new students will start with the inspiring course of fundamentals.
Mischtechnik , as well as being a powerful, venerable technique, is a fantastic way to enter into layered or glazed approaches to painting because of the inspiring ‘step-by-step’ process involved.
That said, many times the fundamental principles of the technique are often overlooked or unexplained. The way we will approach mischtechnik is by thorough explanation and exploration of the principles of optical grays & optical color mixing, through which the fundamentals may be grasped and many variations and experimental approaches can be glimpsed.
- Historical overview of mischtechnik
- Understanding of contemporary mischtechnik and variants
- Development of conceptual and practical understanding of the fundamental principles of the technique
- Habituation with brushwork and mediums involved in the technique
- A sense of empowerment and ability to pursue technique and problem solve independently
- Underpainting, Imprimatura, Decalcomania, Chiaroscuro and more classical methods.
- Glazing Glaze Mediums Pigments and lakes Colour theory.
- Discovering the venerable qualities of the historical pigments
- Deepening our understanding of the different varieties of egg tempera
- Employing techniques which combine both hatching and sfumato (fumy, or smooth) techniques
- Studying the manner by which flesh tones can be achieved in a layered technique
- Exploring other forms of compositional and atmospheric techniques developed by the ancient lineages of painting